Sep 15, 2011

Ronaldo: Who is Gotze?



Real Madrid ace Cristiano Ronaldo admitted he does not even know who Borussia Dortmund's Mario Gotze is.

The 19-year-old German has been a rising star in world football after helping the Bundesliga side to win their domestic league last campaign, and has even caught Arsenal boss Arsene 
Wenger's attention, with the Gunners considering a big money bid for the playmaker.

However, when asked by Bild about his thoughts on Gotze, Ronaldo replied: "Who's Gotze?"

The 26-year-old winger admitted sheepishly: "In what position does he play? Is he good? I have little opportunity to see Bundesliga games."

The Portuguese captain admitted he was not interested in other footballers, and was only keen on focusing on himself and his own game.

"I'm not interested in what people say about me," he crowed.

"I am always in top form. I work hard on myself. That's why nobody makes an attack on my sporting abilities."

After Real Madrid's 1-0 win over Dinamo Zagreb, the star laughed a tirade at the man in black, labeling him an "embrassment".

"He was an embarrassment," Ronaldo said, in quotes published by Marca.

"I hope this referee never takes charge of another of our games because he is an embarrassment."

0 comments:

Post a Comment