Jun 30, 2011

DI MATTEO CONFIRMED AS CHELSEA ASSISTANT MANAGER


Villas-Boas has confirmed former West Bromwich Albion Manager Roberto Di Matteo will be his No2 at Chelsea.

Di Matteo is already a firm favourite with the Stamford Bridge faithful after playing for the Blues from 1996 to 2002.

The Italian scored the first goal in the 1997 FA Cup final victory over Middlesbrough with a thumping drive after just 43 seconds.

Di Matteo, 41, has managed MK Dons and West Brom after completing his coaching badges.

And Villas-Boas believes he has chosen the perfect man to help him guide Chelsea to success.

The Blues boss said: "I am very pleased that Roberto has stepped down from being a manager to assist me.

"The first thing that I told him when I called was that he was the right man for the job.

"I believe this because of what he achieved at Chelsea and the quality of his work with MK Dons and West Brom.

"I am very proud to have him here."


0 comments:

Post a Comment