Jul 6, 2011

CHICHARITO:"I 'LL ONLY GET BETTER"


Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez has warned defences he will only get more dangerous next season.

The Mexican ace enjoyed a spectacular debut season at Old Trafford since arriving from Guadalajara last summer, scoring 13 goals in 27 league games to held United to a record 19th title.

Looking ahead to the new season, the 23-year-old says he is working his socks off to improve himself as a player.

"I feel at home now and believe my game is developing all the time as I understand better how to play for this great club," he told Inside United magazine

"My strength has improved and also I'm improving how I play - being quicker with the ball, with more technique and concentration - because it's very difficult to keep the ball in this league.

"Of course I have a lot more improving to do and I will work hard every day to achieve that.

"There are a lot of great players in this league, and that I need to keep improving my game to succeed here.

"I'm working on all aspects of my game - speed, strength, technical ability with the ball, movement off the ball - as well as heading."

Hernandez went on to express his delight at playing for United.

"I have learned that you need to defend this shirt with your life, because Manchester United has a lot of history.

"This is the most important team, certainly in England, in terms of history, and everyone who works here understands and appreciates that. It's one of the nice things about the club."

It has been a huge step up for the young Mexican playing in the Barclays Premier League.

"For me there are no small teams.

"They are labelled as such because they don't have the same history as some of the other clubs, but I quickly realised that every team in the Premier League is as hard to play as Chelsea or Arsenal.

"It was only through playing that I've realised that this league is the best in the world. I thought this before, but it's not quite the same watching it on TV."


0 comments:

Post a Comment