Jul 22, 2011

Ji-Sung Park offered new Man United deal

Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed Park is likely to sign a two-year contract extension, having emerged as a central component in the Red Devils' plans.

Ferguson has never doubted Park's talent but the energetic midfielder's United career is besieged with injuries.

The Red Devils boss always felt Park's frequent journeys back to South Korea were a cause and now he is no longer required to make them, the 30-year-old is hoping for a positive spin-off.

"My fitness levels do get affected when I travel so much and play extra games," he said.

"Now I have finished playing for my country, I hope to get more rest, not suffer any injuries and enjoy the season."

Ferguson will hope so too, mainly if he fails to get a replacement for Paul Scholes.

Park has overcome early suspicion over the reasons behind United's decision to sign him and proved his worth on countless occasions, especially in big games.

Now, it seems, that industry will be rewarded.

"We have offered him a new contract and I am sure he will sign it," said Ferguson.

"His career at United has been nothing but excellent. He is a tremendous professional.

"I am sure he will accept the new offer and tie himself down at the club for the next two years."

0 comments:

Post a Comment