Aug 11, 2011

Bastos set to turn down Juve offfer


Lyon wing-man Michel Bastos wants to stay with the French club despite interest from Italian big spenders Juventus.

The 28 year-old has been linked with a move away from the Stade Gerland but took to his Twitter account last night to declare he plans to stay with Lyon.

He also stated that the appointment of former defender Remi Garde as boss Claude Puel's replacement in June had played a part in his decision.

He posted: "Friends, let me tell you that I will remain at OL. This is where I want to win titles...

"For those who want an explanation, it is simple: new atmosphere. I never wanted to leave at any price. I feel very comfortable here."

The Brazil international joined Lyon two years ago from Lille for €18million.


0 comments:

Post a Comment