Aug 23, 2011

Mata: I pick Chelsea over Arsenal, Spurs


Chelsea's latest signing, Juan Mata, slammed North London outfits Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur's title chances, revealing he signed for Chelsea as "they did not compare".

According to reports in the Sun, the £26 million buy from Valencia crowed about his decision to join Chelsea, saying: " I want to come to England to win trophies- and that's why I accepted Chelsea's offer".

To add insult to injury, the Spaniard mocked: "It was also a question of sporting achievement, not money. Arsenal and Tottenham were both interested in me but they did not compare with the Blues.

"I want the Premier League title and this is possible at Chelsea."

Mata also confirmed the Spanish connection helped, as Chelsea striker Fernando Torres did help make his mind up.

"Fernando Torres helped influence my decision but speaking directly with Villas-Boas was the decisive factor", the star added.

"He explained how his style will be based on 4-3-3 and how important I will be to his plans.

"Frank Lampard is a monster of a footballer to play alongside and the prospect of that is incredible."

Mata also said he preferred to play in the blue of Chelsea, rather than the red of Arsenal or white of Tottenham.

He said: "From being a little boy my colour was always blue."


0 comments:

Post a Comment