Aug 30, 2011

Wolfsburg snap up Rasmus Jonsson



Wolfsburg have made Sweden international Rasmus Jonsson their 11th new arrival this summer after signing him for an undisclosed fee from Helsingborg.

The 21-year-old penned a four-year deal before joining up with the Sweden Under-21 national team for their European qualifiers against Lithuania.

"I am delighted to have signed a highly-talented forward," said Wolfsburg coach Felix Magath, who has now made enough new signings to form a brand new team since he arrived at the club in the spring.

"Rasmus Jonsson can both score and create goals and he will help us."

Before leaving for international duty, Jonsson spoke of his happiness at joining the 2009 Bundesliga champions.

"I am very happy - this transfer is a big step in my career," he said. "The Bundesliga is one of the biggest leagues in Europe and Wolfsburg is one of the biggest clubs in Germany.

"My aim is to be successful with the team and also to improve myself as a player.

"I will work hard to find my place in the team."

Jonsson's arrival could overlay the way for the exit of former Germany international Patrick Helmes, who has been attracting interest from clubs both in Germany and abroad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment