Sep 9, 2011

Materazzi wanted to stay at Inter



Marco Materazzi admitted he would have preferred to stay at Inter Milan for one more campaign, instead of terminating his contract.

The ex-Italy center-back admitted he had changed his mind after Inter revealed that he would not be in their UEFA Champions League squad, despite being contracted to the club till June 2012.

"I would have liked to stay with Inter for another season, because I really miss the footballing world," Materazzi was quoted as saying by Gq.

"However, when Inter told me that I would probably not be registered to play in the Champions League, I changed my mind.

"I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't tell me about it a bit earlier. I didn't want to argue with the club that has done so much for me though. That's why I agreed to terminating my contract."

The 38-year-old made over 300 appearances for Inter Milan for almost a decade.

0 comments:

Post a Comment