Sep 23, 2011

‘The Special one’ won't coach in Germany




Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho said he'd "love" to work in Germany one day but admits his lack of ability to speak German would most likely stop this from happening.

The 48-year-old has already coached teams in Portugal (Porto), England (Chelsea), Italy (Inter Milan) and is currently employed by Spanish football giant Real Madrid.

Mourinho has won silverware throughout his travels and he admits he is not the type of coach who likes to stay tied down to one place for too long.

"I'm not the kind of coach who stays at the same club in the same country for life," Mourinho told Sport Bild.

"It's something that makes me better, the fact that I'm in my fourth different country. And working in countries like Italy, Spain and England makes you better and better.

He added: "I'd love [to work in Germany] but to be fair, it's very important in my skills as a coach to know the language."

"To communicate with the players, to be with the press in a very comfortable way because the media are a very important part of our job and I'd think I wouldn't be at the top of my potential working in Germany, so it's out of my mind.

"But because of the quality of the game and of many things I understand in German football, yes I would like it."

The 'Special One' is no stranger to German players having coached former German captain Michael Ballack at Chelsea and now Mesut Ozil in his current role at Real Madrid.

Mourinho recently hailed Ozil's Turkish-German background by declaring that the play-maker has benefitted from learning to play football the German way, as well as having natural Turkish flair in his game.

0 comments:

Post a Comment