Jan 18, 2012

Newcastle Signs Senegal Striker



Premier League outfit Newcastle United have signed of striker Papiss Cissé from SC Freiburg on a five-and-a-half-year deal.

The 26 year-old has signed for an undisclosed fee and will wear the iconic number nine shirt at the Sports Direct Arena.

Cissé is currently on duty with his national side ahead of their imminent Africa Cup of Nations campaign, but flew to Tyneside on Tuesday to put pen to paper on the deal.

The Senegal international began his career with AS Douanes, in Dakar, and went on to have prolific spells at French clubs Metz, Cherbourg and Chateauroux.

In December 2009, he switched to German outfit SC Freiburg, where he struck 37 goals in just 65 appearances.

Cissé scored for Senegal in their final Africa Cup of Nations warm-up match on Sunday - a 1-0 win over Kenya - and that was his ninth goal from 13 internationals caps.

"I would like to thank everybody for their welcome, and for inviting me to sign for the Club," said Cissé.

"It is an honour to play for such a big club and I am looking forward to it.

"I want to pay back the confidence the Club have shown in me, and give the supporters something to be proud of.

"I am aware of the huge importance of the number nine shirt, and when I spoke with the manager he made it very clear how important this shirt is.

"I will treat it with the respect and I hope to do my very best in this shirt."

For Information About  Real Estate investing : Jeff Adams , Jeff Adams Review

0 comments:

Post a Comment