Jul 2, 2011

GABI BIDS FAREWELL TO ZAROGOZA


Real Zaragoza have announced their captain Gabi has left the club and is on his way back to La Liga rivals Atletico Madrid.

The 27-year-old midfielder joined Real Zaragoza from home-town club Atletico in 2007 and played 142 games during his four seasons at the club. He was the captain the club since 2009 .

Last season he scored 11 goals, including two vital goals in Zaragoza's final-day 2-1 victory at Levante as they finished two points above the relegation zone.

Speaking at a Zaragoza press conference, Gabi said: "I will always carry Zaragoza in my heart. I want to give thanks to everyone who has been so good during my time here, as much to me as my family.

"Real Zaragoza have made me regain my enthusiasm for football."


0 comments:

Post a Comment