Aug 12, 2011

Silvestre pleased with Palermo move

Matias Silvestre

New Palermo signing Matias Silvestre has revealed he is pleased to have joined the Serie A club and appreciates a tough start to the new Serie A season.
Silvestre, who signed terms on a 7.3million euro move from local rivals Catania on Tuesday, spoke of his happiness at signing for the Rosanero.
"I chose Palermo because it is a club that has achieved much in recent years and has big ambitions, like me," stated Silvestre in La Stampa.
"There is huge competition in defence but I will try to earn a first-team place."
The Argentinian defender joins Milan Milanovic, Andrea Mantovani and five further new signings at the Sicilian club who look contenders for European qualification come the end of the season despite having sold play-maker Javier Pastore to French side Paris St Germain.
With increased competition for places, Silvestre understands he needs to work hard for a starting place in coach Stefano Pioli's side.
"For me there is a concern that I am being paid a lot, so I will try to repay the trust shown in me," he said.
Asked his views on how he will be received when Palermo meet local rivals Catania in December, Silvestre made clear his commitment to his new fans.
He said: "I will approach the derby very well. I want to win and make the fans of Palermo happy."

0 comments:

Post a Comment