Jul 21, 2011

Vidal excited about Juve move

Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Arturo Vidal has spoken of his anticipation over his imminent move to Italian side Juventus.

The Chile international is likely to arrive in Turin to complete his permanent transfer.

"I am happy," Vidal told Tuttosport.com. "It is a great step for me, the most important in my career. I will be playing for one of the biggest European clubs.

"I am enthusiastic at the new opportunity that has been given to me.

"They (Juventus) have big aims this season, to win the league title and to return to European competition. My experience in Germany will be of great use to me because Serie A football is similar to the Bundesliga."

Vidal is under contract with Bayer Leverkusen for a further year and is set to join the Turin club in a deal worth 12 million euros on a five-year contract.

Bayern Munich thought they had captured the South American and they reacted with annoyance to the news Vidal is Juve-bound.

President Uli Hoeness told the Bild newspaper: "He has broken his word.

"But as a South American player's agent was involved I had no great hope. Their words usually mean something else."

0 comments:

Post a Comment