Aug 16, 2011

Robben opens door for Russian move


Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben has revealed he could see himself playing for one of Russia's top clubs before he retires from professional football.
Russian football is one of the hot topics of the summer transfer window thanks to newly-rich Anzhi Makhachkala.
The Dagestan side made the headlines when they persuaded Brazil legend Roberto Carlos to join their club and stimulated the market late last month with an daring bid for Inter Milan striker Samuel Eto'o.
"Of course I have heard of Anzhi Makhachkala, they have a lot of money," Robben told Express.
"But I dont want to talk about my future. I'm 27 and I am happy at Bayern. But in life anything can happen and maybe one day I will play in Russia."
Robben is in his third season in Munich after signing from Spanish side Real Madrid for €25million.
Meanwhile, Cameroon international Eto'o is reportedly on the brink of sealing a €35million move to Anzhi. It has been suggested that Eto'o will be handed a contract worth up to €20million a season in order to make the move happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment